The road to Hell, as the saying goes, is paved with good intentions. And it’s paid for and laid out and maintained by “kind” and “well-meaning” busybodies who think it’s their state-given right to pry and interfere and impose their own, bigoted version of morality on everyone else.
As private companies, Twitter and Facebook have the legal right to decide who and what to allow on their platform. On the other hand, many see the cultural values of free expression and viewpoint diversity as the cornerstones of a liberal (in the classical sense) and tolerant society.
From the very beginning, the no-fly list has been shrouded in secrecy and administered without oversight, due process, or checks and balances.
Parler appears to have found another hosting service.
Rather than grapple with the criticisms Ngo makes of Antifa on their merits, they resort to deplatforming. They don’t seek to engage but to erase.
The beguiling “sensible centre” is perhaps more dangerous than the radical left because, while appearing less contentious, they are simply a slightly slower path to destruction; seductive because of their mixing of lies with some truth, folly with some wisdom, and immorality with some morality.
The left have moved beyond simply censoring conservatives on Big Tech platforms. Now Big Tech leaders like Mozilla CEO Mitchell Baker are calling for conservatives to be financially crippled.
WHEN I FIRST started attending Labour Party branch meetings in the early 1980s I quite deliberately flouted their conservative dress code. Just out of university, I turned up in the jeans, T-shirt and op-shop jacket that had become the obligatory counter-cultural signature of the 1970s.
The First Amendment to the US Constitution may forbid the US Government from abridging the citizens’ right to free speech, but Big Tech corporations are subject to no such constraint. As the world has just witnessed, they can silence a President of the United States.
It seems cognitive dissonance will intensify as civil rights defenders are increasingly forced to simultaneously condemn and encourage censorship.
As of January 2021 Unprecedented Economic Boom Before the China Virus invaded our shores, we built the world’s most prosperous economy. America gained 7 million new jobs – more than three times government experts’ projections. Middle-Class family income increased nearly $6,000 – more than five times the gains during the entire previous administration. The unemployment […]
If you don’t already have a Bronze level subscription to The BFD you are missing out. You are missing out on SonovaMin and BoomSlang’s fantastic twice-weekly political cartoons: You are missing out on HangonaMin’s weekly satirical Woke Examiner. You are missing out on MyBFD our private members’ area where you can chat with your friends away […]
Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and/or try again.
Hi ! Enjoy yourself here at The BFD
Subscribe NOW or login
- The Democrats Demand Loyalty Through Fearby Lushington D. Brady
- The BFD Stuff Up of the Dayby The BFD Staff
- Laughter Is the Best Medicineby Lady Wellington
- Countdown to the “Gender Affirmation” National Apologyby Lushington D. Brady
- WANTED: Someone to Take Over the Music Quizby Advert
- Restricting Free Speech on Social Media May Be a Slippery Slopeby Guest Post
- Why Adding Accused Capitol Rioters to the ‘No-Fly’ List Threatens Civil Libertiesby Guest Post
- We Can Offer Fame without the Fortuneby Advert
- Biden Appoints Open Racist to Cabinetby Lushington D. Brady
- The Big Tech Bias Blackoutby Guest Post
- Parler’s Website Back Online with a Message from Its CEOby The BFD Staff
- The Mobbing of a Portland Bookstore Reminds Us Why Fahrenheit 451 Was Writtenby Guest Post
- The Protocols of the Elders of Hillsongby Lushington D. Brady
- Wantedby sonovaMin
- The Beguiling Myth of a “Sensible Centre”by Dave Pellowe
- BFD Daily Opinion Pollby Sally
- Young Kiwi Racer Hitting the Big Time in F2by exPFC
- Mozilla CEO Proclaims, ‘We Need More Than Deplatforming’by Guest Post
- A Free Taste of an Insight Politics Articleby Advert
- Cancelling the President of the United Statesby Chris Trotter
- Pathetic Palaver at the Puhoi Pubby JC
- Tech Tyranny: Purging Pro-Trump Social Media – Part Twoby Guest Post
- Daily News Roundup – 18 January 2021by General
- Trump Administration Accomplishmentsby Press Release
- Puzzles, Cartoons & Satire to Amuse You Are Only a Click Awayby Advert
- Magic Talk Regular, Martyn Bradbury, Inciting Insurrectionby Cam Slater
- NZ Race Relations Roundupby General
- Subscription Account Accessby The BFD Staff
- The BFD General Debateby The BFD Staff
- The BFD Word of the Dayby Korau
- The BFD Daily Proverbby Eagle Eyes NZ
- BLM and MAGA – Two Sides of the Same Coin?by Lady Wellington
- Today in Rock Historyby Spiker
- The BFD Daily Roundup – Sunday Pundayby SadButTrue
- The BFD Backchatby The BFD Staff
- The BFD Sports Quizby Carl
- Why the Virgin of Guadalupe Is More Than a Religious Icon to Catholics in Mexicoby Guest Post
- China’s Human Rights Abuses Must Not Be Ignoredby Lushington D. Brady
- Israel Abortion Rate Continues 32-Year Declineby Guest Post
- Laughter Is the Best Medicineby Lady Wellington