The term Cancel Culture is bandied about in the press with too many caveats.
The ultimate point of playing video games has always been to have fun. Whether it’s Space Invaders or Sonic or Red Dead Redemption, you hit the start button and do your thing until game over – and then you probably wipe the sweat off your hands and do it again.
In an interesting move, China has supplied doses of the Covid vaccine to the KIA to use in the areas of its control. Whether the intent is to administer these to civilians or if it is for the use of the KIA soldiers is a moot point. If it is for the rebel soldiers, it sends a message even though it is a modest quantity.
It fell to RNZ to break the news to the nation late last week that the Minister of Justice, Kris Faafoi, had “gone to ground”. Despite making repeated requests to interview him about proposals to expand hate-speech laws, the public broadcaster has been told the minister in charge of managing their introduction is too busy — even during a three-week parliamentary recess — to discuss them.
I have a cunning plan. A plan so cunning…well you know how it goes with tails and weasels and so on. I am as guilty as many in being downbeat as to where we find ourselves at present; only yesterday I commented on this forum how depressing I found it all. Well, enough of this Negative Nellie stuff, I have a way forward. I first offer it to our administration but if they want to pass it on to other governments I would be only too pleased – the more the merrier. After all, our lot are always keen to show how a small nation in the South Pacific can punch above its weight and lead the way – here’s a gold plated opportunity coming up.
My recent article about the role that the concept of a Treaty ‘partnership’ has played in the development of ethno-nationalism provoked a critical response from Professor Andrew Geddis. We obviously have different opinions about the value of a Treaty partnership in New Zealand’s liberal democracy.
In recent years, the Ardern Government has gone heavily over-board with the notion that the Treaty of Waitangi created a partnership between Maori New Zealanders and the rest of us. It now appears to be an absolute requirement of those who would make progress under this Government to sign up to this view of our constitution.
Good morning, welcome to our daily General Debate. On General debate, you are encouraged as a commenter to share your own stories, discuss other news, bring NEW news, catch up with friends or make new friends with other commenters. To participate you’ll need to sign up for a Disqus account which is free, quick, and easy. All you need is an email address to register a username that suits you.
Why on earth has Jacinda Ardern let today’s covered face of the day and her children into New Zealand? She won’t even name the terrorist who committed the Christchurch massacre yet she is welcoming with open arms a woman who was married to an ISIS terrorist who committed countless atrocities. Even if this woman did […]
Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and/or try again.
Hi ! Enjoy yourself here at The BFD
Subscribe NOW or login
- ‘Canceled in the USA’ Reveals How the Woke Mob Hurts Americansby Guest Post
- Axie Infinity: Online Games Where People Earn as They Play Are Transforming Gamingby Guest Post
- Silly Speechby Bob Jones
- View from Your Windowby The BFD Staff
- Language Abuseby Bob Jones
- Satirical Image of the Dayby Boondecker
- Long Armby Boomslang
- World Bank – Myanmar’s Economy Hits the Buffersby Lionred
- Parliament Is in Recess but Kris Faafoi Is Too Busy to Discuss Proposals for Hate-Speech Lawsby Reproduced with permission
- Labour Fudging State House Numbersby Press Release
- BFD Daily Opinion Pollby Sally
- A Cunning Planby David Theobald
- Free Pressby General
- Elizabeth Rata: Responding to Andrew Geddis on Treaty Partnershipsby Reproduced with permission
- Re-Christianising the West Pt2: The Inherited Wisdomby Lushington D. Brady
- The Madcap Laughsby Christie
- The Prime Minister Won’t Answer Because She Can’tby Reproduced with permission
- An Experiment That I Am Willing to Tryby Juana Atkins
- Sneaky, Evasive, Furtive and Petulantby Cam Slater
- Is Publicly Funded Journalism fit for purpose?by Melissa Lee
- Growing Gang Numbers Will Be Labour’s Legacyby Nicole McKee
- Subscription Account Accessby The BFD Staff
- The BFD General Debateby The BFD Staff
- Dear Commentersby cambo-the-camo-cat
- Covered Face of the Dayby Juana Atkins
- The BFD Word of the Dayby David Theobald
- The BFD Daily Proverbby Eagle Eyes NZ
- The BFD Nightcapby Lady Wellington
- Manly Mondayby Lady Wellington
- Old English Toffee – Oma’s Best Recipes – Easy Step-by-Step Instructionsby Lady Wellington
- The New World Orderby Lady Wellington
- The NZ Media Chose Not to Cover Thisby Lady Wellington
- The BFD Daily Roundupby SadButTrue
- The BFD Backchatby The BFD Staff
- Dear Commentersby cambo-the-camo-cat
- Today in Rock Historyby Nechtan
- Comedy Corner: Offensive FUNby SadButTrue
- Why the Threat to Free Speech Suddenly Looks Much Biggerby Guest Post
- What Is Western Science?by Press Release
- DC’s ‘Progressive’ Mayor Just Signed a Nanny State Law Specifically Targeting Black Peopleby Guest Post