Last week marked the beginning of the age of digital vigilante justice. For the first time, a public figure was forced to resign after journalists obtained geolocation data from his phone and outed him as a homosexual.
In a free and open society, distasteful opinions are met with open inquiry, civil dialogue and debate. If I don’t like what you say, even if I find it offensive, I meet your ideas with my own in an attempt to discover something approaching the truth. But this is all about to change, with potentially devastating consequences.
The original concept of the Waitangi Tribunal was worthy but it’s now being abused.
Even though He Puapua has finally been acknowledged as not being official Government policy, nearly two years after it was received by Nanaia Mahuta, Jacinda Ardern’s Government has spent that time implementing numerous recommendations from the report behind your back.
Harry Tam boasts that Jacinda Ardern trusts him — New Zealanders need to ask themselves if they trust a government that constantly hires criminal gang leaders.
In 2019 South Australia had 19,964 diagnosed cases of influenza and 82 deaths. There were no lockdowns, no masks, no social distancing, no closed borders. Nothing. They just dealt with it.
In 1981 I was one who literally fought to protect the rights of Kiwis who wanted to exercise their lawful right to attend rugby games and not have their travel disrupted by protestors who disregarded the rights of fellow Kiwis in their quest to fight Apartheid in another country.
Good morning, welcome to our daily General Debate. On General debate, you are encouraged as a commenter to share your own stories, discuss other news, bring NEW news, catch up with friends or make new friends with other commenters. To participate you’ll need to sign up for a Disqus account which is free, quick, and easy. All you need is an email address to register a username that suits you.
Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and/or try again.
Hi ! Enjoy yourself here at The BFD
Subscribe NOW or login
- Welcome to the Age of Digital Vigilante Journalismby Guest Post
- Suffer the Children under Lockdownby Lushington D. Brady
- The BFD Stuff Up of the Dayby The BFD Staff
- Laughter Is the Best Medicineby Lady Wellington
- Police Spying on Your Facebook, or Tinder?by Lushington D. Brady
- Hate Speech Law vs Free Speech: Part Oneby Guest Post
- Claim Lodged for Maori to Receive Half of Benefit System Resourcesby Reproduced with permission
- A Stab in the Face to Freedomby Lushington D. Brady
- Our Hermit Kingdomby Bob Jones
- View from Your Windowby The BFD Staff
- The Sooty, 1000-lb Panda in the Roomby Lushington D. Brady
- Things That Make Me Go Hmmby The BFD Staff
- Propagandaby sonovaMin
- Demand the Debate on He Puapuaby General
- BFD Daily Opinion Pollby Sally
- Mongrel Mob Millions Aren’t Harry Tam’s First Gift from the Ardern Governmentby Lushington D. Brady
- Mr Slugsworth and the Everlasting Lockdownby Guest Post
- Fact Checkers Are Fake Newsby Nathan Smith
- South Australia Horror Virus Story – 82 Dead – 19,964 Cases Recordedby Danny
- Apartheid in New Zealand. If I Must Go to Jail for Saying This; Then So It Be.by General
- Step by Step Instructions on How to Subscribe to the BFDby The BFD Staff
- Calling It How It Isby Cam Slater
- Subscription Account Accessby The BFD Staff
- The BFD General Debateby The BFD Staff
- Dear Commentersby cambo-the-camo-cat
- Clown Face of the Dayby The BFD Staff
- The BFD Word of the Dayby David Theobald
- The BFD Daily Proverbby Eagle Eyes NZ
- The BFD Nightcapby Lady Wellington
- Wednesday Weaponsby Lady Wellington
- California Court Shuts down Transgender Pronoun Law – Protects Free Speechby Lady Wellington
- Parents Defy ‘No National Anthem’ at Softball Gameby Lady Wellington
- This Is What Really Happened at the Rally for Freedom in Melbourneby Lady Wellington
- The BFD Daily Roundupby SadButTrue
- The BFD Backchatby The BFD Staff
- Dear Commentersby cambo-the-camo-cat
- Today in Rock Historyby Spiker
- The Column Stuff Wouldn’t Publishby Guest Post
- Can Socialism Ever Be ‘Democratic’? Here’s What Bernie Sanders Gets Wrong.by Guest Post
- Christian Symbols ‘Morally Wrong’: Defenceby Lushington D. Brady