When Jahden Nelson went to work on Tuesday, April 19, 2022, he had no idea the day would end with him fighting for his life in hospital.

It’s been two years since the former scaffolder suffered a severe high-voltage electric shock after a steel pole he was holding touched low-hanging overhead power lines.

Nelson, who was 28 at the time of the accident, received high-voltage burns over 20% of his body, including an exit wound of the electrical charge through his left foot.

The father of three spent nearly two years in hospital, during which time he was unable to move his lower body, required more than 40 surgeries, endured kidney failure and multiple skin grafts, and had both his arms amputated.


Read more here. Discuss it on The BFD.

A contribution from The BFD staff.