Do not try to minimize your crimes. You entered a building without permission! The building where America simulates democracy! You walked around in there waving silly flags! You went into the Chamber, into people’s offices! One of you actually put his filthy populist feet up on Pelosi’s desk … ON HER DESK! This aggression will not stand!
The Chattering Classes Got the ‘Hillbilly Elegy’ Book Wrong – and They’re Getting the Movie Wrong, Too
The book is not subtle in its message: Working-class grunts are to blame for their own struggles. If they’d just get off their duffs, go to church and stay married, everything would be OK.
Women committing crimes in the Victorian period – particularly violent ones – were depicted as doubly deviant.
QUEEN NANCY screeched “IMPEECHMENT” and she GOT IT in the House at least. Now she has to get it in the Senate. She is one dangerous woman. Even 10 Republicans voted for it. Last impeachment of Trump, no Republicans voted for it. This is TWO TIME DONNY impeachment. And what is TRUMP’S impeachment for? Supposedly […]
Jachnun is a long baking bread, traditionally baked for the sabbath and religious holidays as cooking is forbidden on the Sabbath due to religious observance. Jachnun is very much a unique traditional food brought by the Jews of Yemen to Israel.
This might sound benign, but in practice, critical theory is the shallow analysis of politics, history, art, and society through the lens of power dynamics. It places the world into a box of oppressor vs. oppressed and insists that those who are oppressed are “good” and those who are oppressors are “evil.”
What happened to hard and early? Why has it taken so long to bring in pre-departure COVID-19 testing for travellers from countries with high rates of COVID-19 infection like the UK and the USA? Now there is the threat of a faster spreading strain of the virus facing us.
At the time the Order was announced, John Bolton was Trump’s National Security Advisor. The Order declared a national emergency over the prospect of foreign interference in a U.S. election, promising strict punishments, sanctions and/or asset seizures to any individuals, corporate entities, partnerships and non-profits who may plot to influence the outcome of an election.
National, as they so often do, have fallen for what they see as the populist path and have acted accordingly. It appears the party is still searching for some independent train of thought.
Good morning, welcome to our daily General Debate. On General debate, you are encouraged as a commenter to share your own stories, discuss other news, bring NEW news, catch up with friends or make new friends with other commenters. To participate you’ll need to sign up for a Disqus account which is free, quick, and easy. All you need is an email address to register a username that suits you.
Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and/or try again.
Hi ! Enjoy yourself here at The BFD
Subscribe NOW or login
- Are You Ready for Total (Ideological) War?by Guest Post
- No-Mates Joe Throws a Party With No-Oneby Lushington D. Brady
- The Chattering Classes Got the ‘Hillbilly Elegy’ Book Wrong – and They’re Getting the Movie Wrong, Tooby Guest Post
- Alias Grace: How Irish Migration & the Female Criminal Mind Were Viewed in the Victorian Eraby Guest Post
- Can Satellites Grow on Trees?by Lushington D. Brady
- God Bless America ( and Us)by Mountainside-88-3-fm
- The BFD News Quizby sticktotheknitting
- Kraken Nancyby Perils
- BFD Daily Opinion Pollby Sally
- The BFD Food Column: Seared Sesame Tunaby Daniel Goldwater
- Herbert Marcuse: The Philosopher behind the Ideology of Antifaby Guest Post
- Collins’ Comments January 2021by General
- A Free Taste of an Insight Politics Articleby Advert
- Facebook Censors The BFDby Suze
- The Quick and the Deadby idbkiwi
- Orange Man Radby Boondecker
- National and ACT Throw Chris Liddell under the Busby JC
- Subscription Account Accessby The BFD Staff
- The BFD General Debateby The BFD Staff
- The BFD Word of the Dayby Korau
- The BFD Daily Proverbby Eagle Eyes NZ
- Swamp Refuses to Drainby Lady Wellington
- The BFD Backchatby The BFD Staff
- Today in Rock Historyby Spiker
- The BFD Daily Roundupby SadButTrue
- And So It Beginsby General
- “Cheer” Cheese? I Don’t Bloody Think Soby Lushington D. Brady
- A Message to Anyone Who Feels like ‘Winston’ in Orwell’s 1984by Guest Post
- Laughter Is the Best Medicineby Lady Wellington
- Scott Morrison: Hands Off Australia Dayby Lushington D. Brady
- Things That Make Me Go Hmmby The BFD Staff
- Political Persecution Is Making a Comebackby Guest Post
- “This Is Our Moment to Shine”by Lushington D. Brady
- NY Post Points Out Hypocrisy of What Twitter Chooses Not to Censorby Guest Post
- FREE Taste: Cartoons by BoomSlangby Advert
- Who Are the Extremists Now?by Wibble
- Media’s Contempt for the Office and Title of the Presidentby Guest Post
- New Social Media Logosby Boomslang
- You Know the Thingby Boondecker
- BFD Daily Opinion Pollby Sally