Wake up! Are you paying attention? You are being softened up for more lockdowns. The panic weasels are out in force and they are ramping up the fear porn.
The information is all right there in front of you if you care to look.
Here are the news stories from Michael Baker for the past few days:
- Michael Baker: New Zealand isn’t ready for Omicron outbreak
- New Zealand not prepared for Omicron outbreak expected in ‘matter of weeks’, experts warn
- Covid-19: Experts and politicians say Omicron in the community is inevitable, the level of threat is up for debate
- COVID-19: Omicron a ‘huge threat’, only a matter of time before community outbreak – Michael Baker
- Covid-19 experts fear Omicron could soon be in community as border cases increase
- Stark warning to businesses: prepare now for ‘the big sick’
- ‘Turn down the tap’: Michael Baker wants fewer people arriving in NZ amid Omicron threat
- Limit or halt arrivals from risk countries to avoid big Omicron numbers in MIQ – Michael Baker
- COVID-19: All New Zealanders will soon be able to buy rapid antigen tests as Omicron looms
- Covid-19: Fears South Auckland could be hit hard in event of Omicron outbreak
- Covid 19 Omicron scare: NZ should be worried about case – but it is going to come regardless, says expert
- Covid 19 Delta outbreak: NZ’s ‘lucky escape’ with Omicron as cases hit record levels overseas
- Covid-19: Experts welcome January 17 start date for child vaccine roll-out
- Coronavirus: Epidemiologist Rod Jackson urges parents to get kids jabbed, ‘only way to prepare for winter’
- COVID-19: Siouxsie Wiles urges people to get booster jabs as Omicron puts us ‘back where we started’
- Siouxsie Wiles on Omicron concerns
- Omicron case: Variant’s incubation period could be longer – Siouxsie Wiles
- Siouxsie Wiles on the worrying rise of omicron
- Covid 19 Omicron scare: Variant’s incubation period could be longer – Siouxsie Wiles
- Covid-19: NZ has likely dodged an Omicron bullet, but experts warn it can’t be kept out forever
- Covid-19: Timing of the Omicron case in the community ‘difficult’
- Covid-19 experts fear omicron may soon be in NZ community as border cases jump
These people are quite literally the Chicken Littles of New Zealand. All evidence from the rest of the world says Omicron is like a bad cold; that’s it.
But these panic weasels are ramping up the rhetoric and making people literally afraid of a bad cold.
Sure the case numbers are large but, so what? Just because you catch Covid doesn’t mean you will die. People are literally quivering in fear of a cold. The facts say there is literally nothing we should be worried about, unless you are over 70 years of age:
Early last year renowned epidemiologist Professor John Ioannidis published an analysis of seroprevalence (antibody) studies from 2020 which concluded the infection fatality rate (IFR) of COVID-19 – the proportion of those infected who die – was around 0.15% globally. It varied significantly by region, up to 0.3%-0.4% in Europe and the Americas and down to 0.05% in Africa and Asia.
Prof. Ioannidis has now published an update, using additional seroprevalence studies, though still based on 2020 data, as “IFRs in 2021 may be further affected by wide implementation of vaccinations that may substantially decrease fatality risk and by other changes (new variants and better treatment)”. The new study has a special focus on the IFR in the elderly, but also includes estimates for all age groups, though not a new overall estimate.
From analysis of 25 seroprevalence surveys across 14 countries, Prof. Ioannidis and his colleague found the IFR varied from 0.0013% in the under-20s (around one in 100,000) to 0.65% in those in their 60s. For those above 70 not in a care home it was 2.9%, rising to 4.9% for all over-70s. This means that even for the elderly, more than 95% of those infected survive – 97.1% when considering those not in a care home. For younger people the mortality risk is orders of magnitude less, with 99.9987% of under-20s surviving a bout of the virus. These survival rates include people with underlying health conditions, so for the healthy the rates will be higher again (and the fatality rates lower).
The authors note that if you allow for antibody waning of 5% per month in the elderly then the IFR reduces to 2.4% for non-care home residents and 4% for all elderly. They add that IFR varies between countries, and this variation correlates with the proportion of the elderly who are over 85, suggesting much of the difference may be accounted for by the age of the population.
With those numbers please tell me why the Government is lying in their propaganda adverts that “some tamariki get very ill from Covid” and pushing the vaccine, which is demonstrably failing to do anything remotely like what was promised by lying politicians and their corrupted handmaidens in the media, on to children?
What we also know is that useful idiots are all on speed dial with the tyrant’s office. They are the storm troopers’ advance guard to soften us all up ahead of more restrictions, more reductions in our freedom, and all for a bad cold.
You were all told the vaccines would end this. They haven’t and they won’t. It’s never been about health; it has always been about control. By wearing a mask you are saying you are compliant. By rolling up your sleeve you are saying you are compliant. By scanning in everywhere you are saying you are compliant. By using vaccine passports you are saying you are compliant. Stop it.
When will it end? When you stop complying.
Complying just encourages them.
Refuse to comply. Live freely.
Please share this article so others can discover The BFD.