Rene is an owner of a small business with delightful staff and an appreciation of the beautiful things in life. One of these beautiful things, The Fallen Madonna, hangs on the wall and is a symbol of the resistance. Rene is an organiser who continually manages to stay one step ahead and organise his way out of trouble. He is currently doing what he can to end the lockdown and save his business.
Lockdown level 4 is still with us here in Auckland. The reason for the lockdown is political. We have seen lockdowns abandoned everywhere else in the world where the people have resisted.
I think we are living a strange combination of Orwell’s 1984 and the National Socialism of 1930s and 40s Germany. This can’t go on.
If enough of us in Auckland resist in small ways every day then the lockdown will end. It won’t happen overnight but it will end. A bankrupt strategy is bankrupt.
Here Are Some Tips for Better Living…
- Resist the snitch mentality; nothing good ever came of snitches.
- Don’t get tested. The government uses testing to justify further extensions to lockdown. No tests, no justification for lockdown.
- Don’t wear a mask while out exercising and say a cheery greeting to those you see along the way.
- Defy the prime minister, talk to your neighbours – better still, do as I do and take them some baked scones, biscuits or bread.
- Mental health is very important – phone and chat to a friend or invite them over for a coffee or beer.
These things are what I do to get through. What do you do? You can suggest small acts of non-compliance to end the lockdown in the comments below.
Please share so others can discover The BFD.