The Prime Minister and Dr Ashley Bloomfield will be holding press conference shortly.
We’ve been softened up for this, with mask warnings and Bloomfield doing a show about getting tested. We were mocked for saying what has changed. Now we are about to find out.
Clearly, we aren’t and haven’t been plague free, and the pain of the lockdown has been for nothing.
If they announce another lockdown then the public needs to know they’ve been lying to us and sitting on news.
- Community outbreak again
- Concern trolling face and voice from PM
- Lots of huffing and puffing.
- 102 days with no community transmission we now have 4 cases from an unknown source.
- 4 from same family in South Auckland.
- No history of overseas travel
- Close contacts from workplaces are now in self isolation
- Casual contacts now in self isolation
- Workmates have been tested and put into quarantine
- More than one workplace involved
- All people working at borders and in managed isolation will be tested over the next few days
- If you are offered a test please take it
- Testing centres will be working longer days
- Pop up clinics over the coming days
- Bloomfield admits failure with new community transmission.
- It would be inevitable NZ would get another case of community transmission
- The important thing is to stop the spread in our community
- We need to continue stringent hand hygience
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow
- If unwell stay home
- Physical distance
- Download the NZ Covid tracer app – an essential tool to contact you
- Can’t determine the source
- Contact tracing is underway
- Same sloganeering, hard and early bullshit again
- No link to a managed isolation facility
- Level 3 for three days in Auckland, at least
- No connection to a high risk person ie worked at the border
- All schools and child care facilities in Auckland closed
- Business to be closed by midday tomorrow
- Travel into Auckland is prohibited unless you reside there
- Rest of NZ back in Level 2
- Mass gatherings restricted again to 100 people.
- Mask use for Aucklanders while accessing essential services
- Claiming we beat the virus before, which is clearly a lie, as we have community transmission again
This information lines up with last Thursday’s rumours that we’ve been fielding. Expect rolling announcements over next few days. Add Christchurch and Taranaki later this week. Rolling announcements in lieu of policy.
This is death to Auckland businesses hanging on by the skin of their teeth.
No answers on what this means for the election, as parliament has risen.
Clearly the claims of victory over the virus have been a lie.