We are at Level 4 of New Zealand’s four-level COVID-19 alert system. It is likely Level 4 measures will stay in place for a number of weeks. More information on alert levels.
- Everyone must now stay home, except those providing essential services.
- Only make physical contact with those that you live with.
Government COVID-19 Response Briefing
The prime minister and Dr Ashley Bloomfield have arrived at the Beehive theatrette.
Ministry of Health Update:
- 1 death, woman in 70s, on West Coast
- 21 staff treating her now in self isolation after initially treating for influenza and not COVID-19
- 63 new cases, 60 new confirmed. 3 suspected
- 56 recovered
- 9 in hospital. 1 in ICU.
- 1786 average tests per day over last 7 days
- Strong link to overseas travel, several clusters
- 514 total cases
- Lots of feelz, and frowny faces, not much detail
- Frustrated with lockdown breaches
- 2000 calls to 111 snitching on people breaching
- 105.police.govt.nz form for snitching
- Cabinet met this morning
- 300 arrivals expected today
- 840 arrivals yesterday
- Ardern said she was aware that Halal meat was now unavailable to New Zealand’s Muslims, and the Government was working on possible options to remedy this. Too bad for Pasifika and Maori who use Mad Butcher.
COVID-19 – current cases
Last updated 1:30 pm, 29 March 2020.
We’ll be updating this page as new information is available.
|Total to date||New in last 24 hours|
|Number of confirmed cases in New Zealand||476||60|
|Number of probable cases||38||3|
|Number of confirmed and probable cases||514||63|
|Number of cases in hospital||9 (28 total to date)||–|
|Number of recovered cases||56||6|
|Number of deaths||1|
Confirmed and probable cases by DHB
As at 9.30 am, 29 March 2020
Download the Map of confirmed and probable cases by DHB (PDF, 282 KB).
|Bay of Plenty||12|
|Capital and Coast||49|
Ethnicity percentages of all cases
|European or Other||74.3%|
|Middle Eastern / Latin American / African||2.9%|