We are at Level 4 of New Zealand’s four-level COVID-19 alert system. It is likely Level 4 measures will stay in place for a number of weeks. More information on alert levels.
- Everyone must now stay home, except those providing essential services.
- Only make physical contact with those that you live with.
Government COVID-19 Response Briefing
Ministry of Health Update:
- 85 new cases
- 76 new confirmed cases, 9 probable
- 37 recovered
- 8 in hospital. 6 stable, 2 less stable. 1 in ICU in Nelson, been there for some days
- Average of 1479 tests each day
- Total of 368 total cases
- Most of the cases are still related to overseas travel. There are no new clusters being investigated other than the ones from yesterday.
- More than 18 million masks across the country.
- Call for retired medical staff and others not currently in work to call in and help if possible.
- Kiwis should do their best to take care of their families by staying active (within their bubble) but otherwise staying home.
- PPE distribution systems are being improved.
- Need for PPE for health workers and essential staff
- Ministry are issuing new guidance on when to use PPE.
- The definition of “recovered” is getting over your symptoms and staying symptom-free for a 14-day period.
- People can call or text 1737 to discuss any mental health issues.
- People should be staying local if at all possible. Discouraging swimming or surfing as someone might get in trouble and have to be rescued. “It’s a matter of judgement.”
- DHBs can consider allowing some elective surgeries to take place on a case-by-case basis.
26 Mar – Alert Level 4 commenced
28 Mar – School holidays begin
10–14 Apr – Easter including Easter Tues
15 Apr – Term 2 begins through distance learning
22 Apr – Current date for ending of lockdown period
25 Apr – ANZAC Day (Saturday)
27 Apr – ANZAC Day statutory holiday
COVID-19 – current cases
Last updated 1:15 pm, 27 March 2020.
We’ll be updating this page as new information is available.
|Total to date||New in last 24 hours|
|Number of confirmed cases in New Zealand||338||76|
|Number of probable cases||30||9|
|Number of confirmed and probable cases||368||85|
|Number of cases in hospital||20 total to date|
|Number of recovered cases||37||10|
Total cases by DHB
As at 9.00 am, 27 March 2020
|Bay of Plenty||6|
|Capital and Coast||42|